Saviour of the World
Chinese Catholic Church
Parish Address: 30 Bristol Road West, Mississauga, ON, L5R 3K3
Parish Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Message from the parish!
Grade Seven is the time when Catholic students are invited to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Confirmation is a rite of passage, implying full commitment to a gospel lifestyle. There is indeed a need for personal commitment. Confirmation invites participation in the Christian mission and ministry, a time when one becomes active about one’s faith especially in terms of decision, choice, and commitment.
We are pleased to call on our friends from HopeStone to present this virtual, video preparation program for Confirmation. The videos are not live, but pre-recorded, and will be released on bi-weekly basis, starting on February 6th, 2021. In this way, you will be able to watch them at your convenience. Our first bi-weekly virtual meeting will be held on Friday, February 5th, 2021, from 7:15pm to 8:45pm. After your registration, a meeting link will be sent to you. Lastly, it is highly recommended that the Confirmation candidates celebrate every Sunday Mass with their family.
Please follow these steps to register:
1) Before starting the online form, please make sure you have a physical copy of the candidate’s “Baptismal Certificate” and his/her sponsor’s “Baptismal Certificate”. If the candidate or the sponsor cannot find the “Baptismal Certificate”, he/she will have to contact the baptismal parish (even internationally) to provide this document.
2) Please Review the embedded:
3) Complete the online form:
4) Please review and sign the embedded:
5) Please drop off the following to the parish office on any Sunday between 10am and 12noon:
a. The registration fee of $15 (Cash – OR – cheque payable to “SOTWCCC”)
b. A copy of the candidate’s “Baptismal Certificate”
c. A copy of the sponsor’s “Baptismal Certificate”
d. A completed signed copy of "The Inscription Promises"
Please put all of the above in a sealed envelope, marked with “Confirmation Registration” and the “Full Name of the Candidate”.
Registration is due by SUNDAY, JANUARY 31, 2021.
Due to the ever-changing COVID restrictions, at this time, we are unable to confirm dates for Rite of Enrollment and Confirmation.